"The Beginnings of Sierra"

Aardvark

Retromaniax Co-Founder
Αντιδράσεις
Εδω ολοκληρο το αρθρο.

The Beginnings of Sierra Part 1

Δειγμα.

Imagine if you will, a more innocent time, a time before first person shooters and violence debates, before the coming dominance of graphics over substance (not totally, but I'm trying to be dramatic here :p ), when the most immersive, and narratively rich games were simply text based. At this time, 1979 to be exact, a Fortran developer named Ken Williams had been bringing his TRS-80 home from work. He had started a new company on the side, named On-Line Systems, and was working on a Fortran compiler for the Apple II. The TRS-80, aside from being an inert hunk of metal and cathode, saw to it to draw his wife Roberta into the world of early text adventures, and as a result she decided to give it a go and make her own game. Their resulting collaboration became the first graphical-text adventure game in history, "Mystery House: Hi-Res Adventures #1". It took cues from previous adventure games, notably Scott Adams' Adventure International series (I have a good deal of those too, so they will get a post shortly), but added something startlingly new.....really, really, simple black and white pictures.

The Beginnings of Sierra Part 1

Hidden Treasures of Classic Sierra Games.

374_1_medium.gif

374_3_medium.gif

However, the extreme peculiarity of these discoveries has not diminished my interest in exploring games’ resource files in the least. Seeing the graphics, sounds, and codes neatly grouped in separate sections and finding out how they intermingle to bring the game to life may not be quite as entertaining as playing the game itself, but for those few who have the patience and a lot of free time, it is an interesting experience.

There is always the possibility of discovering an unused background, animation or sound file, or even just an interesting little comment made by a programmer in a script.

As small and uncommon as these discoveries that I have made may be, they add a new dimension to the experience of enjoying these adventure games.

In a way, they can be compared to the deleted scenes or audio commentary on a DVD release of a movie, and they give the interested gamer some true insights into the games’ design. Since I have only looked at a small portion of the files in just a few adventure games, who knows how many other hidden treasures have yet to be uncovered?
Resource Quest: hidden treasures in Sierra’s adventure games

H Sierra, η θρυλικη εταιρια δειχνει να κανει comeback μεσω της Activision.

Περισσοτερα σε καμμια βδομαδα στην Gamescom.

[h=1]Teaser[/h]

http://www.sierra.com/

Η επιστροφη της Sierra

1.jpg

Μια εξαιρετικη ειδηση εσκασε και αυτη ειναι η επιστροφη της Sierra και οι περισσοτεροι απο δω μεσα την γνωριζεται καλητερα απο μενα αν και εχω απολαυσει και γω καποιες απο της παιχνιδαρες της οπως τα Leisure suite larry πχ.Οπως ξερουμε η Sierra ανηκει στην Activision Μετα την εξαγορα της Vivendi Games και οπως βωλεπουμε το site της sierra εχει ανανεωθει και μαλιστα το domain εχει κατοχυρωθει απο την Activision.Eπισης εκανε και την εμφανιση του ενα καναλι στο Youtube με ενα Teaser και ελπιζουμε για αποκαλυψεις στην Gamescom οπως φαινεται και στο site.

http://sierra.com/

Πίσω
Μπλουζα